Sunday 8 April 2012

Hello chicken

With my big sis coming to stay from Brum for the weekend, and Ma and Pa coming to join for Easter lunch, my Good Friday was spent happily crafting away in preparation. Not being a fan of shop-bought Easter eggs, I decided to make some egg-based spring gifts instead. The first batch of chocolate truffles didn't exactly go to plan, so I fell back to the fail-safe coconut pyramids and some recycled packaging. Topped with milk chocolate, the result was not entirely unlike a popular coconut-based chocolate bar...

Saturday was a happy day of eating, starting with lunch at the Ev Deli, a beautiful haven of gorgeous salads and city gardens under the arches at Waterloo, followed by a mosey around Borough Market. A friend then popped around for afternoon tea (bearing tulips, awww) - a pretty good excuse to crack open the clementine (homemade and wheat free) cake:

My lovely big sis brought me some really cute house warming presents, including these lavender hearts from a recent trip to Wales.
And of course the best thing about Easter weekend...? Still one more day of holiday to go! Happy Easter x

No comments:

Post a Comment